[whispersystems] The need to open FW ports for calling
2016-11-15 10:14:00 UTC

I didn't want to bother you with this issue on GitHub but I think it's a
relevant one to think about. I have troubles to use Signal phone service
with many contacts due to closed ports[1] that are needed for
communication. On the other side I have no problems whatsoever with
phone service on WhatsApp messenger with the same people.

Since the Signal philosophy is simpicity I wonder if it would be
possible to make Signal phone calls "just work" without the need to
manualy open ports in firewall which is not something to expect from an
average user.

Thanks,

- jure

Links: