Signal Server Configuration Help
Add Reply
Hakan Gelistirici
2017-06-02 14:37:16 UTC
Hi everyone,
can anyone share or guide me Signal-Server yaml configuration file. I think
there are some missing fields in sample.yml. So I can not run the server? I
need your help!

I will be appreciated.
Thank you
Manu
2017-06-05 07:24:57 UTC
Yeah. I’ve been looking for the same thing. Trying to run a private instance, but could only get the older version by lucaconte running. Compile is OK, but some config is missing. Some new configs are needed, like apn, gcm and turn. I guess the issue is with one of them. I’m trying to run a private Signal server to use it in a high-censorship country. Currently I use a custom domain and custom app build, but push notifications don’t work due to the missing production key.

Currently my server just quits with “null” after a few lines. Here my current config:

twilio:
accountId: xxx
accountToken: xxx
numbers:
- +999
localDomain: signal01.do.sin.qmax.us

push:
host: localhost
port: 9090
username: 123
password: 123

gcm:
apiKey: AIzaSyAsviyMy0kIe8uhCEfo8NbeqGoku7oOCi4 #fake
senderId: 888789650296 #fake

turn: # not sure what this does.
secret: 123
uris:
- 1234

apn:
bundleId: net.miazo.signal
pushKey: /opt/signal-miazo-config/apn/apns-dev-key-noenc.pem
pushCertificate: /opt/signal-miazo-config/apn/apns-dev-cert.pem

s3:
accessKey: xxx
accessSecret: xxx
attachmentsBucket: xxx

directory:
url: "redis://localhost:6379/0"

cache:
url: "redis://localhost:6379/1"

server:
applicationConnectors:
- type: https
port: 443
keyStorePath: /opt/signal-miazo-config/ca/example.keystore
keyStorePassword: example
trustStorePath: /usr/lib/jvm/jdk-8-oracle-x64/jre/lib/security/cacerts
validateCerts: false
adminConnectors:
- type: http
port: 8081
keyStorePath: /opt/signal-miazo-config/ca/example.keystore
keyStorePassword: example
validateCerts: true

messageStore: # Postgres database configuration for message store
driverClass: org.postgresql.Driver
user: "signal"
password: "xxx"
url: "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/messagedb"

database:
driverClass: org.postgresql.Driver
user: "signal"
password: "xxx"
url: "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/accountsdb"
properties:
charSet: UTF-8

logging:
level: DEBUG
appenders:
- type: file
currentLogFilename: /tmp/signal-server.log
archivedLogFilenamePattern: /tmp/textsecureserver-%d.log.gz
archivedFileCount: 5
- type: console